Boko Haram Unleashes fresh terror; kidnap of ex-Minister and murder of LG Secretary


At a time the Federal Government is perfecting plans aimed at granting amnesty to members of the Boko Haram Islamic sect, in response to widespread calls by concerned stakeholders, the sect has unleashed fresh attacks in different parts of Borno State, killing a local government secretary, Alhaji Kachallah Umara; kidnapping an elder statesman, Dr Shettima Ali Monguno; and burning down schools, police station, hospitals and telecommunication masts.

Monguno was kidnapped on Friday at Mafoni Ward where he had gone for the Juma’at prayer. An eyewitness said the elder statesman was kidnapped by four young men who were carrying sophisticated weapons.

“They asked those who were with him to get out of the car – a Peugeot station wagon, and they took him away,” he said.

The abduction of the 87-year-old elder statesman has particularly created anxiety and confusion in government’s circles, as he had been in the vanguard of those canvassing amnesty for the sect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First off I would like to say awesome blog! I had a quick
question in which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear
your mind before writing. I have had a tough time clearing
my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there.
I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10
to 15 minutes are usually lost just trying to figure out how to begin.
Any suggestions or hints? Cheers!

Feel free to surf to my weblog pozycjonowanie

Facebook Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...